4 cups fresh ripe sweet tomatoes
1 cup raw cashews or sunflower seeds – soaked & rinsed
1 tsp minced fresh garlic
1 Tbsp chopped date
¼ cup fresh dill
¼ cup olive oil
2 cups water
2 Tbs lemon
½ tsp salt
- Soak the nuts or seeds for 1 hour then rinse well.
- Remove large stems from dill and discard.
- Blend all ingredients In Vitamix Blender
- (except dill) till smooth and creamy.
- Add tender sprigs of dill and pulse briefly in blender so small bits are evenly distributed throughout the red soup.
- Garnish with drizzle of olive oil, black pepper and a sprig of fresh dill. Also great with cashew sour cream and chili lime onion rings.