2 cups fresh basil
2 Tbsp chopped fresh garlic
½ cup olive oil
¼ cup nutritional yeast
1 tsp lemon
dash salt to taste
1 cup pine nuts – soaked and rinsed
20 porcini or crimini mushrooms
- Soak the pine nuts for 1 hour then rinse well.
- Remove stems from mushrooms with a scissor and tossed caps in olive oil and salt.
- In food processor process nuts and garlic till fine consistency
- Add basil and process to fine consistency
- Add olive oil, nutritional yeast, salt and lemon to food processor and pulse gently till mixed.
- Serve one to 2 tablespoons of pesto on a marinated mushroom cap as an appetizer or dehydrate at 105 for 4 hours and serve as an entree with cashew mozzarella.