1 large bunch of curly kale
1 cup raw cashews or macadamias – soaked & rinsed
2 Tbs white miso
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
½ cup hemp seed
- Soak the nuts for 1 hour then rinse well.
- Washed kale and removed the curly leaf from the stem, save stems for juicing and tear leaves into bite sized pieces.
- In Vitamix Blender blend nuts, miso and lemon with enough water to make a thick dressing.
- In large bowl mix dressing with kale leaves, gently tossing to make sure all leaves are well coated.
- Sprinkle in hemp seed and then lay out evenly on teflex sheets in Excalibur Dehydrator at 105 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 8 hours or till fully dry and crunchy.
- Remove from sheet gently and enjoy or store in airtight container in fridge for up to two weeks.
- Alternate Baking Instructions: Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, 10 to 15 minutes.